- B122 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1β, Catabolin, Hematopoietin-1 (H1), IFNβ-inducing factor, Interleukin-β, Osteoclast activating factor (OAF)
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
This product is eligible for a 40% discount! Promotion valid until December 31st, 2022. Exclusions apply. To view full promotion terms and conditions or to contact your local BioLegend representative to receive a quote, visit our webpage.
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1α and IL-1β which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1β is a potent immuno-modulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses including the activation of B and T cells. The B122 antibody reacts with the precursor and mature secreted forms of mouse IL-1β. This antibody also recognizes rat IL-1β. The B122 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-1β.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- E. coli -expressed, recombinant mouse IL-1β
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, Depletion, IHC-F, IP, Neut, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 2.0 - 6.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-1β recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 30 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture3: The purified B122 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a mouse IL-1ß sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5158 antibody (Cat. No. 515801) as the detecting antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Certain formats of clone B122 have been reported for in vitro neutralization of IL-1ß bioactivity1, in vivo cytokine depletion5, immunohistochemical staining of frozen sections6, Western blotting7, and the study of endotoxin shock8.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hogquist K, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:1534.
- Williams RO, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:7240. (Neut)
- Brewer J, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:4000. (ELISA and ELISPOT Capture)
- Rogers HW, et al. 1992. Proc. Natl. Acad.Sci. USA 89:1011.
- Cantwell AM, et al. 2010. BMC Immunol. 11:29. (Depletion)
- Dube PH, et al. 2001. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:10880. (IHC)
- Babelova A, et al. 2009. J. Biol. Chem. 284:24035. (WB)
- Lu JY, et al. 2006. Genes Dev. 20:3174. (Neut) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2814403 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503517)
AB_2814404 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503518)
AB_2814402 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503516)
AB_2814399 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503513)
AB_2814400 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503514)
AB_2814401 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503515)
- Cytokine; 17.5 kD (Mammalian)
- Stimulates T cells, B cells, proliferation/activation of NK cells, fibroblasts, thymocytes, glioblastoma cells, astroglia, microglia; monocyte transition from IL-1β to IL-1α when matured to macrophages
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhan cells, dendritic cells, T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma,
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes
- Type I IL-1R (CDw121a), Type II IL-1R (CDw121b)
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Bomford R, et al. Eds. 1989. Interleukin-1 inflammation and disease. Elsevier New York.
3. Brazel D, et al. 1991. Biotechnol. Ther. 2:241.
4. Dinarello C. 1996. Blood 87:2095.
- Upregulated by TNF-α, IFN-α, IFN-β, IFN-γ, bacterial endotoxins, viruses, mitogens, antigens; downregulated by IL-6, lipoproteins, lipids, and α2-macroglobulin
- Gene ID
- 16176 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1beta on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-mouse / rat IL-1β||B122||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, Depletion, IHC-F, IP, Neut, WB|
|Biotin anti-mouse / rat IL-1β||B122||ELISA|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse / rat IL-1β||B122||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, Depletion, IHC-F, IP, Neut, WB|
|GoInVivo™ Purified anti-mouse/rat IL-1β||B122||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, Depletion, IHC-F, IP, Neut, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.