- W19033A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ribonucletide-diphosphate reductase subunit M2, ribonucleotide reductase small subunit, RRM2, RNR2
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Ribonucleotide reductase catalyzes the rate-limiting step for de novo deoxyribonucleotide dNTPs synthesis. It is a heterotetramer comprised of two identical large subunits (RRM1) and two identical small subunits (RRM2). The functional ribonucleotide reductase enzyme converts ribonucleotides to dNTPs, which are utilized for DNA synthesis. Ribonucleotide reductase activity requires a high degree of regulation to maintain a proper balance between dNTP availability and DNA synthesis demands. While RRM1 protein levels are generally constitutive, RRM2 expression is cell-cycle regulated at multiple levels. Dysregulation of RRM2 results in dNTP imbalances and increased misincorporation of dNTPs into newly synthesized DNA, and elevated RRM2 levels have been described in multiple forms of cancer. Targeted disruption of RRM2 has been proposed as a mechanism to drive tumors into a senescent state.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full-length recombinant human RRM2 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not recognize mouse RRM2 by western blot.
This clone was tested for ICC using HeLa cells fixed with 4% PFA and permeabilized with Triton X-100 or methanol; RRM2 staining failed under both conditions.
AB_2876752 (BioLegend Cat. No. 937401)
AB_2876752 (BioLegend Cat. No. 937402)
- RRM2 is a 389 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 45 kD.
- DNA synthesis
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Zhang K, et al. 2009. Mol Cancer. 8:11.
- Zhang YW, et al. 2009. J Biol Chem. 284:18085-95.
- D’Angiolella V, et al. 2012. Cell. 149:1023-34.
- Gene ID
- 6241 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RRM2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.