- A18024B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ribosomal Protein S6, 40S Ribosomal Protein S6, Phosphoprotein NP33, Small Ribosomal Subunit Protein ES6
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Ribosomal protein S6 (RPS6) is a key component of the small 40S ribosomal subunit and is the major substrate of protein kinases in eukaryotic ribosomes. In response to various cellular stimuli such as mitogenic stimulation, insulin, and increased nutrient availability, upstream kinases such as RSK and p70 kinases phosphorylate RPS6 at multiple serine sites. These modifications facilitate the recruitment of the 7-methylguanasine cap complex, thereby promoting the assembly of the translational pre-initiation complex and increased cellular protein synthesis capacity. RPS6 has been shown to be hyperphosphorylated in certain cancers, and phosphorylation is a critical determinant of pancreatic β–cell size and systemic glucose homeostasis function in diabetic mouse models.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to human S6 phosphorylated at serine 244
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is predicted to react with rat S6 when phosphorylated at serine 244 due to complete sequence homology between the immunizing sequence and the rat S6 ortholog.
AB_2820211 (BioLegend Cat. No. 933701)
AB_2820212 (BioLegend Cat. No. 933702)
- RPS6 is a 249 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 28.6 kD.
Cytosol, nucleus, ER/ubiquitous expression
- Regulation of protein translation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Protein Synthesis, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Organelle Markers, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
- Jefferies HB, et al. 1997. EMBO J. 16:3693.
- Ruvinsky I, et al. 2005. Genes. Dev. 18
- Schumacher AM, et al. 2006. Biochemistry. 45:13614
- Roux PP, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:14056.
- Stevens C, et al. 2009. J. Biol. Chem. 284:334.
- Schlafli P, et al. 2011. FEBS J. 278:1757.
- Gene ID
- 6194 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RPS6 Phospho Ser244 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.