- A18069B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- RBFox1, A2BP1, RNA Binding fox-1 Homolog 1, Hexaribonucleotide Binding Protein 1, FOX1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Rbfox1 is a member of the RNA binding protein family that shares a conservative RNA recognition motif. Rbfox1 has been shown to modulate alternative splicing by binding the consensus RNA sequence motif (U)GCAUG within introns. The interaction between cytoplasmic Rbfox1 and mRNA affects mRNA stability and translation. The binding of Rbfox1 protein to the C-terminus of ataxin-2 may be a contributing factor to the development of spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 .Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 0.5 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2801247 (BioLegend Cat. No. 862701)
AB_2801248 (BioLegend Cat. No. 862702)
- RBFOX1 is a 416 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~ 45 kD.
Tissue Distribution: brain and heart.
Cellular Distribution: nucleus, golgi apparatus, and cytosol.
- RBFOX1 is an RNA binding protein that modulates mRNA alternative splicing.
- RNA, ataxin-2
- Cell Type
- Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Protein Synthesis, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
- Wang ET, et al. 2016. J. Neurosci. 36(45):11418
- Duan W, et al. 2016. Mol Neurobiol. 53(3):1637
- Kuroyanagi H, 2009. Cell Mol Life Sci. 66(24):3895
- Gene ID
- 54715 View all products for this Gene ID 268859 View all products for this Gene ID 302920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RBFOX1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.