- BL28591 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Protein Kinase C, Alpha, PKC-Alpha, EC 188.8.131.52, AAG6
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Protein Kinase C Alpha (PKCα) is a member of protein kinase C family, which is calcium-activated, phospholipid- and diacylglycerol (DAG)-dependent serine/threonine-protein kinase. It has been reported to be involved in many cellular processes including cell proliferation, apoptosis, differentiation, migration and adhesion by directly phosphorylating targets such as BCL2, CSPG4, TNNT2/CTNT, or activating signaling pathways such as MAPK1/3 (ERK1/2) and RAP1GAP. PKCα is involved in neural development and transactivation of EGFR by gastrin, and it is also associated with diseases including chordoid glioma and myotonic dystrophy Type 1.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to human PKCα
- PBS, pH 7.4 plus 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 0.5 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.5 - 1.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2820143 (BioLegend Cat. No. 859101)
- PKCα is a 672 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~77 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Central nervous system, immune system, and heart
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane, cytosol, and nucleus
- MAPK and RAP1GAP signaling, apoptosis, cell proliferation
- Phospholipid, DAG, BCL2, CSPG4, TNNT2/CTNT
- Cell Type
- B cells, Monocytes, Neurons, T cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Death, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Immunology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Neurotransmitter Receptor Trafficking/Endocytosis, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Colgan LA, et al. 2018. Nat Neurosci. 21(8):1027-1037.
- Gleize V, et al. 2018. Nat Commun. 9(1):2371.
- Trubiani O, et al. 2016. Cell Signal. 28(11):1631-41.
- Gene ID
- 5578 View all products for this Gene ID 18750 View all products for this Gene ID 24680 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PKCalpha on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.