- RB6-8C5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Gr-1 is a 21-25 kD protein also known as Ly-6G/Ly-6C. This myeloid differentiation antigen is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked protein expressed on granulocytes and macrophages. In bone marrow, the expression levels of Gr-1 directly correlate with granulocyte differentiation and maturation; Gr-1 is also transiently expressed on bone marrow cells in the monocyte lineage. Immature Myeloid Gr-1+ cells play a role in the development of antitumor immunity.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Raised against granulocytes of mouse origin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The Ly-6G/Ly-6C antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IP, IHC, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.06 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone RB6-8C5 binds with high affinity to mouse Ly-6G molecules and to a lower extent to Ly-6C19. Clone RB6-8C5 impairs the binding of anti-mouse Ly-6G clone 1A819. However, clone RB6-8C5 is able to stain in the presence of anti-mouse Ly-6C clone HK1.420.
The RB6-8C5 antibody has been used to identify peripheral blood neutrophils and deplete granulocytes in vivo. Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: in vitro complement-mediated cytotoxicity2, in vivo depletion3-5,9, immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemical staining6 (including paraffin-embedded sections9,16,33-35, acetone-fixed frozen sections11 and zinc-fixed sections15), and Western blotting7. RB6-8C5 is not suitable for depletion of hepatic myeloid derived suppressor cells (MDSCs)20.
Special Note: For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 108436).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399. (IP)
- Brummer E, et al. 1984. J. Leukocyte Biol. 36:505. (CMCD)
- Stoppacciaro A, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:151. (Deplete)
- Tumpey TM, et al. 1996. J. Virol. 70:898. (Deplete)
- Czuprynski CJ, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 152:1836. (Deplete)
- Nitta H, et al. 1997. Cell Vision 4:73. (IHC)
- Jutila MA, et al. 1988. Eur. J. Immunol. 18:1819. (WB)
- Engwerda CR, et al. 2004. Am. J. Pathol. 165:2123.
- Brown CR, et al. 2004. Infect. Immun. 72:4956. (Deplete, IHC)
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunology 6:1011. (FC) PubMed
- Li M, et al. 2006. P. Natl. Acad. Sci USA 103:11736. (IHC)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. Blood 109:1620. (FC) PubMed
- Fazilleau N, et al. 2007. Nature Immunol. 8:753. (FC) PubMed
- Heuser M, et al. 2007. Blood 110:1639. (FC) PubMed
- Wang T, et al. 2007. Infect. Immun. 75:1144. (IHC)
- Bosio CM, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4538. (IHC)
- Boehme SA, et al. 2009. Int. Immunol. 21:81. (IHC)
- Piao Y, et al. 2012. Neuro Oncol. 14:1379. PubMed
- Ribechini E, et al. 2009. Eur. J. Immunol. 39:3538.
- Ma C, et al. 2012. J. Leukoc. Biol. 92:1199.
- Li J, et al. 2012. Arthritis Rheum. 64:1098. PubMed
- Fan Q, et al. 2014. Cancer Res. 74:471. PubMed
- Korrer MJ, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:91370. PubMed
- Morshed M, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:5314. PubMed
- Collins C, et al. 2014. PNAS. 111:9899. PubMed
- Madireddi S, et al. 2014. J Exp Med. 211:1433. PubMed
- Bianchi G, et al. 2014. Cell Death Dis. 5:1135. PubMed
- Guo H, et al. 2014. J Leukoc Biol. 96:419. PubMed
- Roderick JE, et al. 2014. PNAS. 111:14436. PubMed
- Distel E, et al. 2014. Circ Res. 115:759. PubMed
- Iwai H, et al. 2015. Tuberculosis. 95:246. PubMed
- Charmsaz S, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10:130692. PubMed
- Whiteland J, et al. 1994 J Histochem Cytochem 43:3 (IHC-P)
- Brown C, et al. 2003 J Immunology 171:2 (IHC-P)
- Obregon-Henao A, et al. PLoS One 8:11 (IHC-P)
- Product Citations
AB_313366 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108401)
AB_313367 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108402)
- 21-25 kD
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399.
2. Jutila MA, et al. 1988. Eur. J. Immunol. 18:1819.
3. Goni O, et al. 2002. Int. Immunol. 14:1125.
- Gene ID
- 17067 View all products for this Gene ID 546644 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-6G/Ly-6C on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.