- W19057C (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- EIF5A1, EIF-4D, Eukaryotic Initiation Factor 5A Isoform 1, Eukaryotic Initiation Factor 5A
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Eukaryotic initiation factor 5A (eIF5A) is a translation factor that aids in the process of translation elongation. Binding to the “E” site of the ribosome, eIF5A helps promote the synthesis of nascent polyproline motifs whose characteristic side-chain rigidity would otherwise prevent efficient translation and cause ribosomal stalling. Efficient polyproline translation requires post-translational hypusination of eIF5A at lysine residue 50, a modification unique to eIF5A and eIF5A2. eIF5A is required for normal autophagic flux due to the presence of a polyproline motif in the TFEB transcription factor. Low levels of the hypusine precursor spermidine are linked to increased aging, causing decreased TFEB synthesis and autophagic processes by way of downregulated eIF5A hypusination. eIF5A has been implicated in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC), the most common form of pancreatic cancer. Here, eIF5A is hypothesized to increase the expression of migration-associated proteins, ultimately resulting in PDAC metastasis. eIF5A has also been connected to HIV-1 pathogenesis by promoting its replication and is a potential target for antiretroviral therapy.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to human eIF5A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC using 4% PFA-fixed HeLa cells and NIH/3T3 cells permeabilized with either methanol or Triton X-100, and methanol-fixed and permeabilized HeLa cells and NIH/3T3 cells. None of these methods were compatible with eIF5A staining.
This clone failed to enrich eIF5A from HeLa extracts when tested for IP.
This clone may cross-react with eIF5A2 due to high homology between the immunizing sequence and the corresponding region of eIF5A2.
- Product Citations
AB_2892514 (BioLegend Cat. No. 945601)
AB_2892514 (BioLegend Cat. No. 945602)
- EIF5A is a 154 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 17 kD.
- Translational elongation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Protein Synthesis
- Antigen References
- Fujimura K, et al. 2015. J Biol Chem. 295:29907-19.
- Gutierrez E, et al. 2013. Mol Cell. 51:35-45.
- Hoque M, et al. 2009. Retrovirology. 6:90.
- Zhang H, et al. 2019. Mol Cell. 76:110-125.
- Gene ID
- 1984 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about eIF5A on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.