- ED8.D4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- HTLV-III gp120, Envelope Glycoprotein gp120, HIV, gp120(HIV), HIV Envelope Glycoprotein gp120, HTLV III gp120, env Protein gp120, HIV, gp120 Envelope Glycoprotein, HIV, gp120, HTLV-III
Covance Catalog# MMS-193P
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Glycoprotein 120, or gp120, is a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) envelope protein derived from the proteolytic cleavage of gp160. It attaches HIV to host lymphoid cells by binding to the primary receptor CD4. This binding interaction induces a structural rearrangement creating another high affinity binding site for a chemokine co-receptor like CXCR4 and/or CCR5. The protein also serves as a ligand for CD209/DC-SIGN and CLEC4M/DC-SIGNR. CD209 in particular is an important interaction as dendritic cells loaded with viral particles can migrate to lymph nodes to provide access to T cells for infection.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to the amino acid sequence 427-448 of the gp120 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:500*
• ELISA: 1:500
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting and ELISA.
*Predicted MW = 120 kD
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Not Published
- Product Citations
AB_2565069 (BioLegend Cat. No. 906801)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.