- 7H8.2C12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cyt c
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|612503||50 µl (5 Western blots)||72,00€|
|612504||200 µl (20 Western blots)||200,00€|
Cytochrome c is a 15 kD protein found in the mitochondrial intermembrane space with a heme-binding domain. Cytochrome c is a component of the electron transport chain; the heme group transfers electrons from cytochrome b-c1 complex to cytochrome oxidase complex. Cytochrome c initiates apoptosis by release to cytoplasm and binding Apaf-1 which activates procaspase 9. Cytochrome c interacts with the cytochrome b-c1 complex, cytochrome oxidase complex, heme, Apaf-1, and Caspase 9 proteins. The 7H8.2C12 monoclonal antibody recognizes cytochrome-c from most species and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Most Species
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Horse cyt c-OVA
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 10 µl antibody per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 3.0 µg/ml (1:150-1:500 dilution) is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jemmerson R, et al. 1991. Eur. J. Immunol. 21:143. (WB)
- Semenkova L, et al. 2003. Eur. J. Biochem. 270:4388. (WB)
- Product Citations
AB_2090157 (BioLegend Cat. No. 612503)
AB_2292697 (BioLegend Cat. No. 612504)
- Heme binding domain; 15 kD
Mitochondrial intermembrane space
- Component of electron transport chain; heme group transfers electrons from cytochrome b-c1 complex to cytochrome oxidase complex. Initiates apoptosis by release to cytoplasm and binding Apaf-1 which activates procaspase 9
- Cytochrome b-c1 complex, cytochrome oxidase complex, heme, Apaf-1, Casp9
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
1. Liu X, et al. 1996. Cell 86:147.
2. Li P, et al. 1997. Cell 91:479.
3. Zhang Z, et al. 2003. Gene 312:61.
4. Ferguson H, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:45793.
- Gene ID
- 54205 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cytochrome c on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.