- DECMA-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- E-Cadherin, Cadherin-1, CDH1, and UVO
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD324, also known as E-cadherin, cadherin-1, CDH1, and UVO is a member of the cadherin superfamily. It is a calcium-dependent, transmembrane cell-cell adhesion glycoprotein composed of four extracellular cadherin repeats and a highly conserved cytoplasmic tail region. CD324 is widely expressed in epithelial cells in the colon, uterus, liver, keratinocytes, brain, heart, muscle, kidney, and pancreas as well as erythroid cells. CD324 functions as a cell adhesion molecule involved in development, bacterial pathogenesis, and tumor invasion. In bacterial pathogenesis, the ectodomain of CD324 mediates bacterial adhesion to mammalian cells, while the cytoplasmic domain is required for internalization. CD324 binds to the αEβ7 integrin to mediate cell adhesion and also interacts with a number of intracellular proteins including including erbin, ezrin, caspase-3, caspase-8, β-catenin, presenilin 1, and casein kinase II as well as other extracellular proteins including the EGF receptor.Product Details
- Mouse, Human, Cynomolgus, Dog, Pig
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E-Cadherin extracellular domain
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is =1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, Western Blotting1, immunomicroscopy3, and biological function1,2.
- Additional Product Notes
BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Vestweber D, et al. 1985. EMBO. 4:3393. (IP, WB, FA)
- Nakagawa M, et al. 2001. J. Cell Sci. 114:1829. (FA in canine cells)
- Mohamet L, et al. 2010. PLoS ONE. 5:e12921. (IF)
AB_2750305 (BioLegend Cat. No. 147317)
AB_2750306 (BioLegend Cat. No. 147318)
- Member of the cadherin superfamily. Calcium-dependent, transmembrane cell-cell adhesion glycoprotein composed of four extracellular cadherin repeats and a highly conserved cytoplasmic tail region.
Widely expressed in epithelial cells in the colon, uterus, liver, keratinocytes, brain, heart, muscle, kidney, and pancreas as well as erythroid cells.
- Cell adhesion molecule involved in development, bacterial pathogenesis, and tumor invasion. The ectodomain of CD324 mediates bacterial adhesion to mammalian cells, while the cytoplasmic domain is required for internalization.
- Interacts with a variety of proteins including erbin, ezrin, caspase-3, caspase-8, EGF receptor, β-catenin, presenilin 1, casein kinase II, and others.
- αEβ7 integrin.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Overduin M, et al. 1995. Science 267:386.
2. Boggon TJ, et al. 2002. Science 296:1308.
3. Berx G, et al. 1995. EMBO J. 14:6107.
4. Perl AK, et al. 1998. Nature 392:190.
- Gene ID
- 12550 View all products for this Gene ID 999 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD324 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.