- Other Names
- IL-17A ELISA Kit, Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte-Associated Antigen-8 Pre-coated ELISA Kit (CTLA-8)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|437907||1 Pre-coated Plate||280€|
Rat IL-17A, also known as IL-17 and Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte-Associated Antigen-8 (CTLA-8), is a founding member of the IL-17 family of cytokines. IL-17 is mainly produced by Th17 cells, a small subset of T helper cells. IL-17 exhibits multiple biological activities including the induction of various proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines such as IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, GM-CSF, GRO-α, and MCP-1 on a variety of cell types. IL-17 is also involved in the activation of NF-kB and costimulation of T cell proliferation. As a result of these roles, IL-17 has been linked to many immune and autoimmune-related diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, lupus, and multiple sclerosis.
BioLegend’s Rat IL-17A LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with 96 well microtiter strip plates that are precoated with a capture antibody.
This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of rat IL-17A from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated, with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Rat IL-17A Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Rat IL-17A Dectection Antibody
- Rat IL-17A Standard
- Matrix C (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 4 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 15.6-1,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.