- BM8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- EMR1, Ly71
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
F4/80 is a 160 kD glycoprotein. It is characterized as a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF)-transmembrane 7 (TM7) family. F4/80, also known as EMR1 or Ly71, has been widely used as a murine macrophage marker, which is expressed on the majority of tissue macrophages including peritoneal macrophages, macrophages in lung, gut, thymus and red pulp of spleen (but not on the macrophages located in T cell areas of the spleen, lymph node and Peyer's patch), Kuffer cells, Langerhans cells, and bone marrow stromal cells. F4/80 has also been shown on a subset of dendritic cells. The biological ligand of F4/80 has not been identified, but it has been reported that F4/80 is required for induction of CD8+ T cells-mediated peripheral tolerance.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Murine macrophages
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,2 and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections6,7, Western blotting, and spatial biology (IBEX)12,13.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schaller E, et al. 2002. Mol. Cell. Biol. 22:8035. (IHC)
- Stevceva L, et al. 2001. BMC Clin Pathol. 1:3. (IHC)
- Kobayashi M, et al.2008. J. Leukoc. Biol. 83:1354. PubMed
- Poeckel D, et al. 2009. J. Biol Chem. 284:21077. PubMed
- Glass AM, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:4830. PubMed
- Koehm S, et al. 2007. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 120:570. (IHC)
- Rankin AL, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:1526. (IHC)
- Sasi SP, et al. 2014. J Biol Chem. 289:14178. PubMed
- Thakus VS, et al. 2014. Toxicol Lett. 230:322. PubMed
- Watson NB, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 194:2796. PubMed
- Hirakawa H, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10:119360. PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:33455-65. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562622 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123135)
- EGF-TM7 family member, 160 kD glycoprotein
Majority of tissue macrophages including peritoneal macrophages, macrophages in lung, gut, thymus and red pulp of spleen, Kuffer cells, Langerhans cells, bone marrow stromal cells, and a subset of dendritic cells
- Induction of immunological tolerance
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, Macrophages, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Austy JM and Gordon S. 1981. Eur. J. Immunol. 11:805.
2. Hume DA, et al. 1983. J. Exp. Med. 158:1522.
3. Ruedl C, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:1801.
4. McKnight AJ, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:486.
5. Lin HH, et al. 2005. J. Exp. Med. 201:1615.
- Gene ID
- 13733 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about F4/80 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse F4/80
Purified anti-mouse F4/80
Biotin anti-mouse F4/80
FITC anti-mouse F4/80
PE anti-mouse F4/80
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse F4/80
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse F4/80
APC anti-mouse F4/80
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse F4/80
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse F4/80
PerCP anti-mouse F4/80
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse F4/80
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse F4/80
Purified anti-mouse F4/80 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse F4/80
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse F4/80
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse F4/80
TotalSeq™-A0114 anti-mouse F4/80
TotalSeq™-B0114 anti-mouse F4/80
TotalSeq™-C0114 anti-mouse F4/80
Spark YG™ 570 anti-mouse F4/80
KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-mouse F4/80
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse F4/80
APC/Fire™ 810 anti-mouse F4/80
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-mouse F4/80