- MP1-31G6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor, CSF-α, Pluripoietin-α, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Burst promoting activity (BPA)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
GM-CSF is a hematopoietic factor that is produced by T cells, macrophages, fibroblasts and endothelial cells. This multifunctional cytokine stimulates progenitor cells of neutrophils, eosinophils and macrophages. GM-CSF is also a differentiation and activating factor for granulocytic and monocytic cells. The MP1-31G6 antibody reacts with mouse granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF). The MP1-31G6 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant GM-CSF.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Yeast-expressed, recombinant mouse GM-CSF.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.5-2 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of GM-CSF recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 15 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection1,3-5: The biotinylated MP1-31G6 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified MP1-22E9 antibody (Cat. No. 505402/505408) as the capture antibody.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunoprecipitation4, and Neutralization2-4. The LEAF™ purified MP1-22E9 antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse GM-CSF bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 505408).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sander, B., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Suda, T., et al. 1990. Cell. Immunol. 129:228.
- Nozaki, S., et al. 1991. J. Invest. Dermatol. 97:10.
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Product Citations
AB_315385 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505501)
AB_2085381 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505502)
- Cytokine; 22 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/development granulocyte/macrophage progenitors; differentiates myeloblasts/monoblasts; synergizes with Epo proliferation of erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors
- Cell Sources
- T cells, monocytes/macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, mast cells
- Cell Targets
- Granulocyte/macrophage/erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors, myeloblasts, monoblasts
- Heterodimer GM-CSFR α subunit (CDw116); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, IL-5R
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Demetri, G., et al. 1991. Blood 78:2791.
3. Fan, D., et al. 1991. In vivo 5:571.
4. Negrin, R., et al. 1992. Adv. Pharmacol. 23:263.
- Synergistic with IL-1, IL-3, G-CSF; E21R competitive antagonist for receptor binding; stored in ECM with heparan sulfate proteoglycans
- Gene ID
- 12981 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GM-CSF on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Purified anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-31G6||ELISA, IP, WB|
|Biotin anti-mouse GM-CSF||MP1-31G6||ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.