- A18024A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ribosomal Protein S6, 40S Ribosomal Protein S6, Phosphoprotein NP33, Small Ribosomal Subunit Protein ES6
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Ribosomal protein S6 (RPS6) is a key component of the small 40S ribosomal subunit and is the major substrate of protein kinases in eukaryotic ribosomes. In response to various cellular stimuli such as mitogenic stimulation, insulin, and increased nutrient availability, upstream kinases such as RSK and p70 kinases phosphorylate RPS6 at multiple serine sites. These modifications facilitate the recruitment of the 7-methylguanasine cap complex, thereby promoting the assembly of the translational pre-initiation complex and increased cellular protein synthesis capacity. RPS6 has been shown to be hyperphosphorylated in certain cancers, and phosphorylation is a critical determinant of pancreatic β–cell size and systemic glucose homeostasis function in diabetic mouse models.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to human RPS6 phosphorylated at serine 244
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
BioLegend offers two clones against this target, A18024A and A18024B:
For western blotting, A18024B displayed a higher affinity for RPS6 Phospho (Ser244) compared to A18024A. Both clones exhibit mouse reactivity.
For ICC, A18024B displayed a moderately higher affinity for RPS6 Phospho (Ser244) compared to A18024A. Both clones are mouse reactive for this application, and both clones are compatible with Triton X-100 and methanol permeabilization steps.
For ICFC, A18024A works in all three ICFC buffers (Cat# 425401, 421002, 424401). For ICFC, A18024A weakly stains mouse RPS6 Phospho (Ser244). A18024B is not recommended for ICFC due to high background staining.
Both clones are predicted to react with rat RPS6 when phosphorylated at serine 244 due to complete sequence homology between the immunizing sequence and the rat RPS6 ortholog.
AB_2892494 (BioLegend Cat. No. 935705)
AB_2892494 (BioLegend Cat. No. 935706)
- RPS6 is a 249 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 28.6 kD.
Cytosol, nucleus, ER/ubiquitous expression
- Regulation of protein translation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Protein Synthesis, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Organelle Markers, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
- Jefferies HB, et al. 1997. EMBO J. 16:3693.
- Ruvinsky I, et al. 2005. Genes Dev. 19:2199-211.
- Schumacher AM, et al. 2006. Biochemistry. 45:13614.
- Roux PP, et al. 2007. J Biol Chem. 282:14056.
- Stevens C, et al. 2009. J Biol Chem. 284:334.
- Schlafli P, et al. 2011. FEBS J. 278:1757.
- Gene ID
- 6194 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RPS6 Phospho on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.