- HMN1-12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 1
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The Notch receptors are highly conserved from invertebrates to mammals. Notch 1 and Notch 2 exhibit the greatest structural similarity among the four mammalian Notch receptors. Notch 3 has a number of structural and functional differences. The binding of Notch 3 to its ligands results in the proteolysis of Notch and movement of intracellular portions of Notch into the nucleus. This translocation triggers a series of signaling processes. Notch 3 is primarily expressed in adult arterial smooth muscle cells. Notch 3 gene mutation can cause CADASIL, an inherited early stroke syndrome.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Notch1-Fc fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Moriyama Y, et al. 2008. Int. Immunol. 20:763.
- Product Citations
AB_10897096 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130613)
- Transmembrane receptor. Heterodimer consisting of a C-terminal fragment and N-terminal fragment probably linked by disulphide bonds. Contains 5 ankyrin repeats, 29-36 EGF repeats, 3 Notch/Lin repeats.
Highly expressed in the brain, lung, and thymus (CD4-CD8- cells and CD4-CD8+ cells). Lower levels of expression in spleen, bone marrow, spinal cord, eyes, mammary gland, liver, intestine, kidney, and heart.
- Regulates broad spectrum of various cell lineage commitment processes, including myogenesis, neurogenesis, gliogenesis, and lymphocyte development.
- Jag 1,2; Delta 1,2
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins
- Antigen References
1. Ehebauer ME, et al. 2006. Biochem. J. 392:13.
2. Shimizu K, et al. 2000. Mol. Cell. Biol. 20:18.
3. Tanigaki K, et al. 2007. Nature Immunol. 8:4514.
4. Kraman M, et al. 2005. FASEB J. 19:1311.
- Gene ID
- 18128 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Notch 1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.