- QA17A29 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- EMR1, Ly71
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
F4/80 is a 160 kD glycoprotein. It is characterized as a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF)-transmembrane 7 (TM7) family. F4/80, also known as EMR1 or Ly71, has been widely used as a murine macrophage marker, which is expressed on the majority of tissue macrophages including peritoneal macrophages, macrophages in lung, gut, thymus and red pulp of spleen (but not on the macrophages located in T cell areas of the spleen, lymph node and Peyer's patch), Kuffer cells, Langerhans cells, and bone marrow stromal cells. F4/80 has also been shown on a subset of dendritic cells. The biological ligand of F4/80 has not been identified, but it has been reported that F4/80 is required for induction of CD8+ T cells-mediated peripheral tolerance.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Murine macrophages
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
AB_2894429 (BioLegend Cat. No. 157313)
AB_2894429 (BioLegend Cat. No. 157314)
- A 160 kD glycoprotein and a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF)-transmembrane 7 (TM7) family
Expressed on the majority of tissue macrophages
- Required for induction of CD8+ T cells-mediated peripheral tolerance
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
- Schaller E, et al. 2002. Mol. Cell. Biol. 22:8035.
- Stevceva L, et al. 2001. BMC Clin Pathol. 1:3.
- Kobayashi M, et al.2008. J. Leukoc. Biol. 83:1354.
- Poeckel D, et al. 2009. J. Biol Chem. 284:21077.
- Glass AM, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:4830.
- Koehm S, et al. 2007. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 120:570.
- Rankin AL, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:1526.
- Sasi SP, et al. 2014. J Biol Chem. 289:14178.
- Thakus VS, et al. 2014. Toxicol Lett. 230:322.
- Ohnishi A, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10:117616.
- Gene ID
- 13733 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about F4/80 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.